(2013) (Patrick Wilson, Vera Farmiga) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Horror: Married paranormal investigators try to help a family terrorized by a demon in their farmhouse.
- It's 1971 and Carolyn (LILI TAYLOR) and Roger Perron (RON LIVINGSTON) have moved into an old farmhouse in Harrisville, Rhode Island with their five daughters, Andrea (SHANELY CASWELL), Nancy (HAYLEY McFARLAND), Christine (JOEY KING), Cindy (MACKENZIE FOY) and April (KYLA DEAVER). After they accidentally discover a boarded up door and stairwell down to the cellar, strange things start occurring. Such as the clocks in the house always stopping at 3:07 am, something invisible yanking on Christine's legs as she sleeps at night, and young April having conversations with a boy no one else sees.
When the paranormal activity increases to the point of scaring the girls, Carolyn seeks out the help of Lorraine (VERA FARMIGA) and Ed Warren (PATRICK WILSON). They're a married couple -- and parents to young Judy (STERLING JERINS) -- who investigate such matters, what with him being a demonologist and her a clairvoyant.
Sensing a demonic entity in the house, the Warrens enlist the aid of their tech assistant Drew (SHANNON KOOK) and local cop Brad (JOHN BROTHERTON) to capture evidence of such a presence so that the Catholic Church can begin exorcism proceedings. When things quickly escalate and threaten to get out of hand, however, the investigators and family must do what they can to contain and hopefully expel the evil that's in the house.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're into horror films featuring haunting and/or possession based storylines, they probably will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For sequences of disturbing violence and terror.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.