<! -- Start Review Content -- > <! -- Start Chart -- >
(2013) (Israel Broussard, Katie Chang) (R)
<! -- Start Quick Take -- >
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: A small group of celebrity-obsessed teenagers enjoy the spoils of robbing the homes of the rich and famous.
- Marc (ISRAEL BROUSSARD) is a new high school student in Calabasas, California who draws condescending comments from various students. But not Rebecca (KATIE CHANG) who takes an instant liking to him, especially when she learns he knows as much or more about celebrity fashion than she does. When not doing home school with her mom, Laurie (LESLIE MANN), and two younger sisters, she's out partying with her fellow celebrity-obsessed high school friends Nicki (EMMA WATSON), Chloe (CLAIRE JULIEN) and Sam (TAISSA FARMIGA).
Her latest hobby, though, is entering unlocked homes and cars and stealing money so she and her friends can buy drugs and drinks at their favorite club. She soon has Marc joining her and they eventually decide to "go shopping" in the empty and unlocked homes of celebrities such as Paris Hilton. It's not long before Nicki, Chloe, and Sam are joining them and enjoying the spoils of their criminal behavior. But with surveillance cameras capturing them in the act, it's only a matter of time before the law comes looking for them.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Since it revolves around celebrity-obsessed teens, that very demographic might be interested in it, as might anyone who's a fan of someone in the cast (especially Emma Watson from the "Harry Potter" films).
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For teen drug and alcohol use, and for language including some brief sexual references.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.