(2013) (Taye Diggs, Morris Chestnut) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Dramedy: A group of college friends reunite after 15 years to spend the holidays together only to discover old rivalries and hurt feelings are still present.
- After 15 years, a group of African-American college friends reunite at the mansion of the most successful of the group, Lance (MORRIS CHESTNUT), an NFL running back near retirement and on the verge of breaking the league's all-time rushing record. Unfortunately, this is coming at a dire time when his wife, Mia (MONICA CALHOUN) has been diagnosed with terminal cancer. The couple tries to keep that a secret in order to have one last amazing time with their friends.
But they all have problems of their own. Lance's former best man, Harper (TAYE DIGGS), was once a best-selling author. But his latest efforts have seen only dismal sales, his latest manuscript has been outright rejected, and his agent urges him to write a biography on Lance. But at the same time, Harper's wife, Robyn (SANAA LATHAN), is in the final month of a difficult pregnancy after having already suffered one miscarriage.
Nevertheless, they are all delighted to see their other friends. They include Quentin (TERRENCE HOWARD), the most free-spirited of the group; Shelby (MELISSA DE SOUSA), the oft-married party girl who has since gone on to become a reality TV star; Julian (HAROLD PERRINEAU), who has just discovered an old video posted online from the 1990s when his former stripper wife, Candace (REGINA HALL), was at a party and apparently performed sexual favors for money; and the never-married TV executive, Jordan (NIA LONG), who is finally in a serious relationship ... with a white man named Brian (EDDIE CIBRIAN).
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens, especially African-American ones, may have some interest.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For language, sexual content, and brief nudity.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.