<! -- Start Review Content -- > <! -- Start Chart -- >
(2013) (Chris Hemsworth, Daniel Bruhl) (R)
<! -- Start Quick Take -- >
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: Two 1970s era egotistical drivers compete for first place in the world of Formula One racing.
- It's the early 1970s and James Hunt (CHRIS HEMSWORTH) and Niki Lauda (DANIEL BRUHL) have already established their rivalry in Formula 3 racing. While both are egotistical about their talents, James is the fun-loving playboy who enjoys driving fast and cheating death, while Niki is more reserved and analytical, and spends as much time working on his cars' performance as he does on himself.
Both eventually make their way into the highly coveted Formula 1 racing circuit and compete against each other over the years, with James meeting and then marrying model Suzy Miller (OLIVIA WILDE), while Niki manages to win over Marlene (ALEXANDRA MARIA LARA) who falls for him despite his lack of charming social skills.
The men's rivalry culminates in the 1976 Grands Prix, a series of races around the world where the driver with the most combined points ends up as the annual winner. With Niki being the current champion, James pushes himself to overtake and upstage his rival, a motivation that drives both racers to their limits.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're into Formula One racing, movies about racing and/or are fans of anyone in the cast, they might be interested.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For sexual content, nudity, language, some disturbing images and brief drug use.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.