(2013) (Ryan Reynolds, Jeff Bridges) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Supernatural Action: Two deceased lawmen - one from the modern day, one from the Old West - team up to battle evil souls who have escaped back to Earth.
- Nick (RYAN REYNOLDS) is a modern-day cop who is having regrets that he and his partner, Hayes (KEVIN BACON), took a secret stash of gold during a recent drug bust. He wants only to be seen as a good man in the eyes of his wife, Julia (STEPHANIE SZOSTAK), who adores him and doesn't care that they aren't rich. Hayes, though, betrays and murders Nick during another drug bust.
For his misdeeds, Nick is sent on a journey towards what looks like Hell. But at the last minute, he is snatched up and sent to another part of the Hereafter known as the Rest in Peace Department, headed by the acerbic Proctor (MARY LOUISE PARKER). This agency is comprised of deceased lawmen from over the decades, who get to return to Earth in human form to nab evil souls who have escaped Judgment. He is partnered with Roy (JEFF BRIDGES), a legendary 1800s lawman from the Old West who was also betrayed by his partner.
Together, the two team up to foil a plot involving stolen shards of gold that when assembled form an ancient device that allows the evil dead to return to Earth. On Earth, they appear to humans in avatar form. Roy looks like a supermodel (MARISSA MILLER) and Nick looks like an elderly Asian man (JAMES HONG). Hayes is the mastermind behind the plot, and he will eventually need the blood of an innocent - Julia - to open the portal.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens may be attracted to the film's action and supernatural elements.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For violence, sci-fi fantasy action, some sensuality, and language including sex references.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2019 Screen It, Inc.