(2013) (Vin Diesel, Jordi Molla) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Sci-Fi: Trapped on a desolate planet filled with carnivorous monsters, a long-time escaped convict must contend with the arrival of various humans who want him captured for different reasons.
- It's been years since convicted murderer Richard B. Riddick (VIN DIESEL) escaped mercenaries who had captured him only to crash-land on a hostile planet that yielded only a few survivors. Having escaped that only to eventually be named the leader of an alien race known as the Necromongers, Riddick has now been betrayed by them and left alone on a desolate, sun-scorched planet.
After surviving having a busted leg and repeated attacks by both hyena and monstrous scorpion type monsters, Riddick gets himself to a long abandoned outpost and signals its homing beacon. That results in the arrival of Santana (JORDI MOLLA) and his band of mercenaries that includes his right-hand enforcer, Diaz (DAVE BAUTISTA), and rookie Luna (NOLAN GERARD FUNK), among others, who want Riddick's head for the handsome bounty it will fetch them.
They're not the only ones interested in capturing Riddick, however, as Boss Johns (MATT NABLE) arrives with his crew that includes Dahl (KATEE SACKHOFF) and Moss (BOKEEM WOODBINE), although they want the long-escaped con for reasons beyond the price on his head. Yet, neither team is prepared for just how resourceful and wily Riddick is, or the danger both he and their new environs pose to them.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're fans of either of the first two movies in this series, they probably will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For strong violence, language and some sexual content/nudity.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.