(2013) (voices of Dane Cook and Stacy Keach) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Animated Action: A crop-dusting plane dreams of competing in an aerial race around the world.
- On an alternate Earth inhabited solely by sentient aircraft, boats, cars, and trucks, Dusty (voice of DANE COOK) is a crop-dusting plane who dreams of competing in a global aerial race. One problem. He is afraid of heights. This is a problem in that he is unable to climb to altitudes that would put him in tailwinds that would make him go as fast as traditional racers. Nevertheless, he qualifies for the competition with help from the dimwitted fuel truck, Chug (voice of BRAD GARRETT); the goodhearted repair vehicle, Dottie (voice of TERI HATCHER); and Skipper (voice of STACY KEACH), a veteran war plane who has been grounded ever since a traumatic mission decades earlier.
Dusty makes it to the starting line where he encounters a menagerie of racing planes. They include El Chupacabra (voice of CARLOS ALAZRAQUI), a Latino plane with a flair for the dramatic; Rochelle (voice of JULIA LOUIS-DREYFUS), a French plane who becomes romantically involved with El Chupacabra; Bulldog (voice of JOHN CLEESE), a British aircraft who doesn't believe in offering any form of help to the competition; and Ishani (voice of PRIYANKA CHOPRA), a female plane who flirts with Dusty but has a hidden agenda.
The most formidable of Dusty's competition is the frequent champion, Ripslinger (voice of ROGER CRAIG SMITH), who doesn't believe Dusty belongs in the competition and goes to great lengths to ensure that the goodhearted crop-duster does not finish the race. Dusty must overcome Ripslinger's scheming and his own self-doubts in order to fly with the best of the best.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Yes. The film is especially gear to the 8-and-under crowd.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For some mild action and rude humor.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2019 Screen It, Inc.