(2013) (Logan Lerman, Alexandra Daddario) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action/Adventure: A demigod and his friends set off on a perilous journey to retrieve the legendary Golden Fleece in hopes that it will save their besieged camp.
- Percy Jackson (LOGAN LERMAN) is the half-blood son of the god Poseidon and a mortal. Having already saved Mt. Olympus a while back, he's something of a heroic figure, especially since he's the only such offspring of the three main gods. That is, until Tyson (DOUGLAS SMITH) shows up at Camp Half-Blood, a protected place run by Mr. D (STANLEY TUCCI) for people like Percy, his satyr friend Grover Underwood (BRANDON T. JACKSON) and Annabeth (ALEXANDRA DADDARIO), the demigod daughter of Athena. It turns out Tyson is Percy's half brother, a Cyclops who immediately draws the disdain of Annabeth due to one of his kind killing her childhood best friend years ago.
Upon that girl's death, she was turned into a towering tree that still creates a force field of sorts around the camp. But that protection is shattered by Percy's former nemesis, Luke Castellan (JAKE ABEL), the demigod son of Hermes who's returned and talk s of a prophesy involving Percy. With the tree now dying and the camp endangered, Mr. D. sends Percy's camp rival and demigod daughter of Ares, Clarisse La Rue (LEVEN RAMBIN), to the Sea of Monsters.
It's there where it's expected she'll find the legendary Golden Fleece that could be the only thing to save the tree and thus the camp. Believing he's the one who's supposed to do that, Percy sets off with Grover, Annabeth and Tyson. But when Luke kidnaps Grover, the young half-blood must use his every resource to save his friend and stop Luke from unleashing a monstrous figure that could be the end of them all.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're fans of the first "Percy Jackson" movie, they likely will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For fantasy action violence, some scary images and mild language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.