(2013) (Jesse Eisenberg, Mark Ruffalo) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: An FBI agent and Interpol detective try to catch four magicians whose big acts involve elaborate heists of large sums of money.
- J. Daniel Atlas (JESSE EISENBERG), his former assistant Henley Reeves (ISLA FISHER) and Merritt McKinney (WOODY HARRELSON) are established magicians used to impressing their audiences, both big and small. But during their latest acts, they discover they've been left mysterious cards inviting them to a particular place in New York at a particular time. Joining them there is young magician Jack Wilder (DAVE FRANCO) who's been a fan of theirs but is equally perplexed about the invite.
A year later, all four are working together for wealthy businessman Arthur Tressler (MICHAEL CAINE) as the "Four Horsemen" stage act and they pull off an incredible stunt and sleight of hand by robbing a bank in Paris while still on the stage in Las Vegas. That not only has former magician turned debunker Thaddeus Bradley (MORGAN FREEMAN) interested in what they have up their sleeves, but also FBI agent Dylan Rhodes (MARK RUFFALO) who wants them arrested. So does Interpol detective Alma Dray (MELANIE LAURENT) who's arrived in the States and become Dylan's unofficial partner of sorts, much to the dismay of both of them.
As the magicians prepare their next big act, the law enforcement officers try to keep up with them, all while Thaddeus warns that they're more than likely several steps behind what's transpiring.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- The fairly well-known cast might be enticing to some, while those interested in magic could also be interested.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For language, some action and sexual content.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.