<! -- Start Review Content -- > <! -- Start Chart -- >
(2013) (Amy Acker, Alexis Denisof) (PG-13)
<! -- Start Quick Take -- >
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy: A pair of anti-love singles are tricked into falling in love, all while others attempt to sabotage an upcoming wedding.
- Leonato (CLARK GREGG) is the governor of Messina and is pleased to host his friend, Don Pedro (REED DIAMOND), at his estate following Don Pedro's victorious campaign over his traitorous brother, Don John (SEAN MAHER). Don Pedro is accompanied by two of his officers, Benedick (ALEXIS DENISOF) and Claudio (FRAN KRANZ), with the latter instantly falling in love with Leonato's daughter, Hero (JILIAN MORGESE). That results in hastily arranged marriage plans, something confirmed bachelor Benedick and Hero's confirmed bachelorette cousin Beatrice (AMY ACKER) believe to be masochistic foolishness.
Seeing that those two get along like cats and dogs, the others playfully attempt to manipulate them into falling love. Unbeknownst to them, however, Don John -- who's arrived with his allies Borachio (SPENCER TREAT CLARK) and Conrade (RIKI LINDHOME) -- is plotting to ruin Claudio and Hero's pending nuptials by involving her maid, Margaret (ASHLEY JOHNSON). Sensing that someone is up to no good, estate security officer Dogberry (NATHAN FILLION) and his bumbling team try to get to the bottom of that plot, all while Benedick and Beatrice do indeed start to fall for one another.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Unless they're fans of someone in the cast and/or are into Shakespeare, it's highly unlikely.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For some sexuality and brief drug use.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.