(2013) (Mark Wahlberg, Taylor Kitsch) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action: Four Navy SEALs come under attack when their covert operation to kill a Taliban leader is compromised and they must use their training, wits and bravery in hopes of getting out alive.
- It's 2005 and Operation Red Wings, a combined joint military operation, is being put into motion in the Pech District of Afghanistan's Kunar Province. Set to take place on the slopes of Sawtalo Sar mountain, it's designed to disrupt Anti-Coalition Militia activity in the region, namely through the killing of Ahmad Shah, a local Taliban leader responsible for the deaths of various U.S. military personnel.
While Erik Kristensen (ERIC BANA) runs the operation from the base headquarters -- after a brief moment of levity welcoming in new team member Shane Patton (ALEXANDER LUDWIG) -- four Navy SEALs are covertly dropped into the region. They are team leader Navy Lieutenant Mike Murphy (TAYLOR KITSCH); Petty Officer Second Class Danny Dietz (EMILE HIRSCH); Petty Officer Second Class Matt Axelson (BEN FOSTER); and Navy Hospital Corpsman Second Class Marcus Luttrell (MARK WAHLBERG).
Tasked with observing the area of interest and their target, the team is discovered by local goat herders. From that point on, they must contend with their decision about what to do with those unarmed people, as well as a subsequent onslaught by Taliban forces.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Those interested in war movies and films about the military may be interested, as might those who are fans of anyone in the cast. It's unlikely many pre-teens will show any interest.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For strong bloody war violence and pervasive language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.