(2013) (Johnny Knoxville, Jackson Nicoll) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy: A frequently inappropriate elderly man takes his 8-year-old grandson on a road trip to return the boy to his deadbeat father.
- Irving Zisman (JOHNNY KNOXVILLE) has just lost his wife of many years, and he couldn't be happier. It means this 80-something old man can now date again after not having had sexual relations since the 1990s. But his plans are put on hold when his daughter, Kimmy (GEORGINA CATES), is sent to prison for drugs and his 8-year-old grandson, Billy (JACKSON NICOLL), becomes his responsibility.
Irving knows what he must do. He must drive the kid from Lincoln, Neb., to Raleigh, N.C., to reunite him with his deadbeat dad, Chuck (GREG HARRIS), a dope-smoking never-do-well who really doesn't want anything to do with the kid. Chuck, though, changes his mind when he learns he can get $600 from the state for being a single parent with the other parent in jail.
So, Irving and Billy set off on a road trip in which the two get into all sorts of misadventures. Irving gets into trouble at an African-American strip club, runs afoul of a supermarket manager after shoplifting, and crashes a wedding. Billy, meanwhile, enters a beauty pageant as a girl and causes an uproar when he performs a dance routine best left to the gentlemen's clubs his very bad grandpa frequents.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens who have seen the "Jackass" TV show and movies will have some interest.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For strong crude and sexual content throughout, language, some graphic nudity, and brief drug use.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.