(2013) (Jason Statham, James Franco) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action: A former DEA agent and his 10-year-old daughter run afoul of a drug lord when they move to a small Southern town.
- Phil Broker (JASON STATHAM) is a DEA agent whose final bust brings down a ruthless, drug-dealing motorcycle gang led by Danny T (CHUCK ZITO), who watches his own son gunned down and swears vengeance on Broker. Phil, a widower, decides to retire and move with his 10-year-old daughter, Maddie (IZABELA VIDOVIC), to a quiet, small town in the South and keep his former law-enforcement past a secret.
The town turns out to be anything but quiet. After Maddie beats up a bully at school, she and Broker draw the wrath of the kid's drug-addicted mother, Cassie (KATE BOSWORTH), and her brother, Gator (JAMES FRANCO), a ruthless local drug lord. The local sheriff (CLANCY BROWN) is no help. But fortunately, Broker befriends a local man named Tito (OMAR BENSON MILLER), who gives him the scoop on who's who and what's what in town, and the school psychologist, Susan (RACHELLE LEFEVRE), who he flirts with.
Gator soon learns Broker's true identity and finds out about Danny T's vendetta against him. He senses an opportunity to take his small-time operation to larger markets. So, he gets in touch with his old accomplice, Sheryl (WINONA RYDER), and offers Danny T and his minions on the outside Broker and his daughter in return for distribution and drug profits.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Some older male teens may be drawn to the film for its action.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For strong violence, pervasive language, drug content, and brief sexuality.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.