(2013) (Adam Sandler, Chris Rock) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy: Four former high school buddies continue to adjust to life as adults.
- Deciding that the fast life in Los Angeles was no longer for him, Lenny Feder (ADAM SANDLER) has moved his wife Roxanne (SALMA HAYEK) and their three kids (JAKE GOLDBERG, CAMERON BOYCE, and ALEXYS NICOLE SANCHEZ) back to his East Coast hometown. There, he has been able to reconnect with his old classmates and their families.
Cable repairman Kurt (CHRIS ROCK) and Deanne (MAYA RUDOLPH) also have multiple kids -- Andre (NADJI JETER), Charlotte (CHINA ANNE McCLAIN), and Ronnie (KALEO ELAM) -- and deal with the day-in, day-out hassles of life. Eric (KEVIN JAMES) and Sally (MARIA BELLO), meanwhile, keep busy coddling their two kids, Donna (ADA-NICOLE SANGER) and her twin brothers (FRANK and MORGAN GINGERICH). And life-long slacker Marcus (DAVID SPADE) is adjusting to life as a father, having just been introduced to the teenage son, Braden (ALEXANDER LUDWIG), he never knew he had.
Lenny, Kurt, Eric, and Marcus eventually run afoul of a local college fraternity, led by bullies Andy (TAYLOR LAUTNER) and Milo (MILO VENTIMIGLIA). Lenny also has to deal with a bully from his past in the form of the mountainous Tommy Cavanaugh (STEVE AUSTIN). It all comes to a head at an '80s-style party at Lenny's house where a brawl ensues.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- It is being marketed something as a family movie despite its heavy reliance on some very crude humor. It also features some young stars of current Disney Channel and Nickelodeon shows, such as Cameron Boyce of "Jessie" and China Anne McClain of "A.N.T. Farm."
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For crude and suggestive content, language, and some male rear nudity.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.