(2013) (Sandra Bullock, George Clooney) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Dramatic Thriller: Two astronauts must contend with ending up stranded in orbit when debris destroys their spacecraft, kills the rest of the crew and cuts off communication back to Earth.
- Ryan Stone (SANDRA BULLOCK) is a mission specialist onboard a space shuttle trip to repair the Hubble Telescope. Out on a spacewalk to do that work, Ryan -- who only has six months of training -- must not only contend with motion sickness due to the lack of gravity, but also the constant yammering of commander Matt Kowalski (GEORGE CLOONEY) who's on his last mission before retiring and is flying about using a jetpack. Their work is interrupted with a sudden abort command from Houston control, all due to debris from a destroyed Russian satellite and a resultant chain reaction with other orbiting equipment now headed their way.
Before they can get inside, the debris strikes the shuttle, instantly killing the rest of the crew, all while sending Ryan spinning out of control. Matt manages to rescue her, but with all communication back to Earth now lost, the two are on their own. With her oxygen levels decreasing and his jet pack about out of fuel, they attempt to make a perilous journey to the International Space Station where they hope they can use its escape pod to return back to Earth.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Preteens might not want to (unless they're into movies about space and astronauts, etc.), but I imagine a fair number of teens will be interested.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For intense perilous sequences, some disturbing images and brief strong language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.