(2013) (Michael B. Jordan, Melonie Diaz) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: A young ex-con tries to get his life together to take care of his girlfriend and their 4-year-old daughter.
- Oscar Grant (MICHAEL B. JORDAN) is a 22-year-old Oakland man trying to find himself and right the ship of his life. Having recently lost his job at the local grocery store and needing money to support his girlfriend, Sophina (MELONIE DIAZ), and their 4-year-old daughter, Tatiana (ARIANA NEAL), he feels pressure to return to selling drugs, and even has a stash of marijuana for just that.
Yet, with a New Year's Eve birthday party that evening for his mom, Wanda (OCTAVIA SPENCER), on the agenda, he doesn't want to put her through the hell of him being a prison inmate like he was a few years earlier. With plans to go out after that party, Oscar hopes the new year will bring new promise to his life and his relationship with those he loves.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Those curious about the real-life story on which it's based (or the somewhat similar incident regarding Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman) might be interested. Younger kids won't.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For some violence, language throughout and some drug use.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.