(2013) (voices of Kristen Bell, Idina Menzel) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Musical: After her sister's powers accidentally turn their kingdom from summer to icy winter, a princess sets out to find her sibling to make things right.
- Princess Anna and her older sister Princess Elsa were once close siblings, but the latter's magical ability to create snow and ice eventually drove a wedge between them following a near tragic accident. Ever since then, their parents, the King and Queen, have kept Elsa locked away for fear that her increasing powers might harm someone, while Anna isn't aware of this as the only way to save her in the past was for a troll leader to wipe her memory clean of Elsa's powers.
Three years after their parents' tragic deaths at sea, Elsa (voice of IDINA MENZEL) is about to go through her coronation to be the queen, all while Anna (voice of KRISTEN BELL) would be happy just to find a man. She believes she's found that in a bit of love at first sight with Hans (voice of SANTINO FONTANA). He's a prince from a neighboring kingdom who's there for the celebration along with many others, including the Duke (voice of ALAN TUDYK) who's long wondered why the palace of Arendelle has long been shuttered from outsiders.
When Elsa objects to her sister's sudden engagement to Hans -- after knowing him for only one day -- the sisters have a spat, with Elsa running off into the wilderness, unaware that her heightened emotions have plunged all of the kingdom into a deep winter. Anna rushes off to find her sister and set things right and ends up helped by Kristoff (voice of JONATHAN GROFF) -- an ice harvester whose line of work is now in jeopardy considering there's ice everywhere -- and his trusty reindeer, Sven. They're eventually joined by Olaf (voice of JOSH GAD), a sentient snowman created long ago by Elsa's powers who's enthusiastic about the chance to help them as well as experience the return of summer for the first time, unaware of what that will ultimately mean for him.
But Elsa wants to live a life of solitude in her newly constructed ice palace where she can be herself with no fear of hurting anyone. Undeterred by that or a giant snowman monster created to keep her, Kristoff and Olaf at bay, Anna tries to reconnect with her sister no matter what the cost or danger.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- It's a good bet many kids will be interested, especially younger teens and pre-teens.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For some action and mild rude humor.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.