<! -- Start Review Content -- > <! -- Start Chart -- >
(2013) (voices of Owen Wilson, Woody Harrelson) (PG)
<! -- Start Quick Take -- >
- QUICK TAKE:
- Animated Action: Two turkeys travel back in time to the first Thanksgiving to change the menu.
- Reggie (voice of OWEN WILSON) is a free-thinking turkey who tries to warn the other birds on his farm that they are being fattened up for the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday. But they won't listen. Amazingly, he is picked to be the one turkey the U.S. President spares each year as part of the White House's holiday tradition. He goes to live at Camp David as the pet of the Commander in Chief's daughter and soon discovers the joys of remote-control TV and ordering pizza.
Then, one day, he is nabbed by a rogue turkey named Jake (voice of WOODY HARRELSON) who tells him there is a secret government time machine dubbed S.T.E.V.E. (voice of GEORGE TAKEI) on the grounds of the Presidential retreat and that they must jump in it, travel back to the first Thanksgiving, and stop turkey from being on the menu. Once back there, they encounter a tribe of much smarter turkeys led by Chief Broadbeak (voice of KEITH DAVID); his militaristic son, Ranger (voice of JIMMY HAYWARD); and his good-hearted daughter, Jenny (voice of AMY POEHLER).
They are hunted by Captain Myles Standish (voice of COLM MEANEY) and his men, who are looking to gather food for the increasingly desperate settlers in their charge who are nearing starvation. He is pressured by the shifty Governor Bradford (voice of DAN FOGLER) who lords over the dwindling stockpile of food, knowing the dangers of the approaching winter.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Yes. It's an animated action film with commercials running on such channels as the Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For some action/peril and rude humor.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.