(2013) (Julie Louis-Dreyfus, James Gandolfini) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Dramedy: A divorced masseuse starts dating a man, unaware that he's her new client's ex-husband.
- Eva (JULIE LOUIS-DREYFUS) is a divorced masseuse who isn't pleased that her daughter, Ellen (TRACEY FAIRAWAY), is about to head off to college, all of which has resulted in Eva starting to latch onto Ellen's friend, Chloe (TAVI GEVINSON). Attending a party with her married friends Sarah (TONI COLLETTE) and Will (BEN FALCONE), she not only meets and lands poet Marianne (CATHERINE KEENER) as a new client, but she also meets Albert (JAMES GANDOLFINI). He works at a TV history library and despite her initially not being attracted to him physically, Eva sees a kindred spirit due to the fact that he's also divorced and has a daughter, Tess (EVE HEWSON), who's likewise headed off for college.
Eva and Albert start dating and seem to be hitting it off, all while she becomes closer friends with Marianne who confides in her all of the problems she had with her ex. Unbeknownst to Eva, Albert is Marianne's ex-husband. Upon discovering that, she must decide how to proceed, especially as Marianne's negative and poisonous view of Albert starts to affect Eva's view of him.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Teens might show some interest, particularly if they're fans of anyone in the cast.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For sexual content, some thematic material and brief language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.