(2013) (Julie Louis-Dreyfus, James Gandolfini) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Dramedy: A divorced masseuse starts dating a man, unaware that he's her new client's ex-husband.
- Eva (JULIE LOUIS-DREYFUS) is a divorced masseuse who isn't pleased that her daughter, Ellen (TRACEY FAIRAWAY), is about to head off to college, all of which has resulted in Eva starting to latch onto Ellen's friend, Chloe (TAVI GEVINSON). Attending a party with her married friends Sarah (TONI COLLETTE) and Will (BEN FALCONE), she not only meets and lands poet Marianne (CATHERINE KEENER) as a new client, but she also meets Albert (JAMES GANDOLFINI). He works at a TV history library and despite her initially not being attracted to him physically, Eva sees a kindred spirit due to the fact that he's also divorced and has a daughter, Tess (EVE HEWSON), who's likewise headed off for college.
Eva and Albert start dating and seem to be hitting it off, all while she becomes closer friends with Marianne who confides in her all of the problems she had with her ex. Unbeknownst to Eva, Albert is Marianne's ex-husband. Upon discovering that, she must decide how to proceed, especially as Marianne's negative and poisonous view of Albert starts to affect Eva's view of him.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Teens might show some interest, particularly if they're fans of anyone in the cast.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For sexual content, some thematic material and brief language.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2019 Screen It, Inc.