(2013) (Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Scarlett Johansson) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy: A young man tries to overcome his pornography addiction when he enters into a committed relationship with a woman.
- Jon (JOSEPH GORDON-LEVITT) is a New Jersey bartender who is a legend to his friends Bobby (ROB BROWN) and Danny (JEREMY LUKE) for his ability to pick up gorgeous women every weekend at the local nightclub, take them back to his place, and have sex with them. He works out, he has muscles and a muscle car, slick hair, and good looks. He also has an addiction to pornography. He finds masturbating to X-rated scenes on the Internet more gratifying than actual sex.
Into his life comes Barbara (SCARLETT JOHANSSON), a gorgeous local woman who doesn't sleep with him for the first month of their dating relationship. Jon falls in love, even though he can't see that she is a controlling and uncompromising person. He even takes her home to meet his shrill mother, Angela (GLENNE HEADLY); profane father, Jon Sr. (TONY DANZA); and constantly texting sister, Monica (BRIE LARSON).
But it's not long before Barbara checks up on him, scans the history on his laptop computer, and discovers his daily porn habit even though he has promised her he doesn't visit those websites. The relationship sours just as Jon starts to become involved with Esther (JULIANNE MOORE), an older woman he meets at night school who has suffered a recent tragedy.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens (and maybe even some curious younger ones) could be drawn to the film's raunchy elements and its young leads.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For strong graphic sexual material and dialogue throughout, nudity, language, and some drug use.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2019 Screen It, Inc.