(2013) (voices of Steve Carell, Kristen Wiig) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Computer-Animated Comedy: A reformed super-villain tries to discover who's stolen a powerful serum, all while raising three daughters and falling in love with his partner.
- Having previously shrunken, stolen and then returned the Moon to its rightful place, former super-villain Gru (voice of STEVE CARELL) has given up the life as a bad guy. Instead, he's now a family man raising his three adopted daughters, Margo (voice of MIRANDA COGROVE), Edith (voice of DANA GAIER) and Agnes (voice of ELSIE FISHER), while starting a jam and jelly business. While he's happy, his evil scientist assistant, Dr. Nefario (voice of RUSSELL BRAND), misses doing something evil and thus takes a job with another villain. Even with him gone, Gru still has plenty of help around in the form of his many yellow-skinned and rambunctious minions.
Unbeknownst to Gru, someone has stolen a secret serum that can turn any creature or person into a nearly unstoppable monster. Accordingly, the Anti Villain League has sent Agent Lucy Wilde (voice of KRISTEN WIIG) to kidnap and return Gru to headquarters where he's given the assignment to work with Lucy in finding the perp who's believed to be operating from an establishment in a local mall. Arriving there, they scope out the various potential suspects, with Gru believing that Mexican restaurant owner Eduardo (voice of BENJAMIN BRATT) might be a former super villain. But he has even bigger concerns when that man's smooth operating teenager, Antonio (voice of MOISES ARIAS), sets his sights on Margo and sweeps her off her feet.
While having to deal with that, Gru and Lucy try to determine if Eduardo is their man and how to stop him and his army of serum-fueled monsters.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- They definitely will if they're fans of the original film.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For rude humor and mild action.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.