(2013) (Will Ferrell, Paul Rudd) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy: In 1980, a boorish, all-male TV news team from San Diego attempts to make the leap to a 24-hour news channel launching in Manhattan.
- Legendary newsman Ron Burgundy (WILL FERRELL) returns with his wife, Veronica (CHRISTINA APPLEGATE). It is 1980, and both are now co-anchors of a nightly news broadcast in New York City. Veronica is given the opportunity of a lifetime when Mack Harken (HARRISON FORD), a Dan Rather-like anchor of a nightly network news show, decides to retire and hand over the reins to her. Ron is immediately jealous and orders her to turn down the job. But she refuses, and their marriage ends in divorce.
Ron is eventually offered the 2 a.m. news shift on a newly launching 24-hour new cable channel. He reassembles his old news team from California, including bigoted sportscaster Champ Kind (DAVID KOECHNER); feature reporter Brian Fantana (PAUL RUDD); and hare-brained weatherman Brick Tamland (STEVE CARELL). Ron and the gang have adjusted to Linda (MEAGAN GOOD), their African-American boss, and run afoul of the studly star anchor of the network, Paul Lime (JAMES MARSDEN).
At the same time, Ron tries to reconnect with Veronica, best Gary (GREG KINNEAR), the new man in his ex-wife's life, and be a dad to his 7-year-old son, Walter (JUDAH NELSON). This gets harder when Ron and his team revolutionize news by giving people the information they want (sex stories, police freeway chases, proud-to-be-American segments, cute puppy videos) rather than news they actually need (sound investigative journalism, consumer financial news, etc.) Celebrity then begins to take its toll.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens who have grown up with Will Ferrell comedies and who have seen the first film will have some interest.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For crude and sexual content, drug use, language, and comic violence.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.