(2013) (Robert Redford) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama/Suspense: A sailor, 1700 miles from land and traveling alone, must contend with having his sailboat accidentally damaged to the point that he might have to abandon ship.
- A never identified sailor (ROBERT REDFORD) is on a solo sailing trip, some 1700 nautical miles from the Sumatra Straits. One morning, he's awakened by a loud thump, only to find water pouring into his cabin from a gaping hole in the side of the 40-foot sailboat. It turns out a large cargo container has floated up and accidentally rammed his ship. The sailor manages to dislodge that after some effort and roughly patch the hole, but his communication gear has become water-logged and he's unable to send out a distress call.
And not being in the shipping lanes, it's unlikely his relatively small sailboat will be seen by another vessel. That puts him in danger as a storm approaches, threatening the stability of his temporary fix, all of which means he may have to abandon ship into his inflatable life raft. With limited provisions, he must use his sailing know-how and related ingenuity to give himself any chance of surviving.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Younger kids won't, but some older teens might show some interest based on the premise.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For brief strong language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.