(2013) (Will Smith, Jaden Smith) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Science-Fiction: A father and son crash-land their spaceship on a future Earth devoid of humans and now ruled by savage beasts.
- Approximately 1,000 years in our future, humanity has fled Earth after polluting and thus causing critical damage to the planet. We have since resettled on another world thanks to the bravery of the Rangers military service led by General Cypher Raige (WILL SMITH). Cypher has become legendary for being able to battle the new world's fearsome alien beasts known as Ursas by showing no fear whatsoever (the creatures can sense fear via a pheromone we secrete).
Unfortunately, his military service has taken him away from his family for long stretches. During one of his long tours of duty, he wasn't there when an Ursa attacked their household and killed his teenage daughter, Senshi (ZOE KRAVITZ), who gave her life to save her brother Kitai's (JADEN SMITH). Kitai is haunted by her death, which he watched unfold before him as a 9-year-old boy. Faia (SOPHIE OKONEDO), Cypher's wife and Kitai's mother, encourages father and son to go on a mission together into space - Cypher's last before he retires.
Unfortunately, their spaceship runs into a freak asteroid storm, forcing them to crash-land on Earth. In 10 centuries, the planet has become a dangerous world ruled over by ferocious beasts of all types. At the same time, the Raiges' ship had been carrying an Ursa that gets loose after the crash-landing. With Cypher gravely wounded, Kitai must make the arduous, 100-kilometer trek to a second wreckage site where he can activate a homing beacon and wait for a rescue.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Teens and tweens will be drawn to the film thanks to its teenage star, Jaden Smith; the PG-13 rating; and promise of sci-fi action.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For sci-fi action violence and some disturbing images.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.