(2013) (Denzel Washington, Mark Wahlberg) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action/Dramedy: Two undercover agents must not only deal with discovering the true identities of each other, but also the fact that they've now been set up for a bank robbery they pulled off in hopes of bringing down a Mexican drug lord.
- Robert 'Bobby" Trench (DENZEL WASHINGTON) and Marcus 'Stig' Stigman (MARK WAHLBERG) would appear to be two unlikely criminal partners who are dealing with the very dangerous Mexican drug lord, Papi Greco (EDWARD JAMES OLMOS). Unbeknownst to Bobby, Stig is actually an undercover Navy intelligence officer trying to bring down Greco. And much to Stig's surprise, Bobby is an undercover DEA agent who's also been after for the drug lord for several years.
They learn this after they decide to rob a Texas bank in hopes of gathering enough evidence to bring Greco down, only to discover it's not there but more than $43 million in cash is. It's then that they learn that they've been set up, Bobby by his boss, Jessup (ROBERT JOHN BURKE), and possibly his former girlfriend and fellow DEA agent, Deb (PAULA PATTON). For Stig, it's his Navy superior, Quince (JAMES MARSDEN). To make matters worse, a sadistic CIA official, Earl (BILL PAXTON), wants the money back and doesn't care about any collateral damage he might create in doing so.
Realizing they can only trust each other, Bobby and Stig team up in a new way to figure out what's going on, bring down the various "bad guys" and keep themselves from getting killed.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're into mismatched "buddy" style action movies and/or are fans of anyone in the cast, they might be interested.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For violence throughout, language and brief nudity.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2019 Screen It, Inc.