(2018) (Paula Patton, Omar Epps) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Suspense/Thriller: While on a romantic getaway, a couple must contend with stumbling across a number of bad people operating a sex trafficking ring.
- Brea (PAULA PATTON) is an investigative journalist based in Sacramento who learns from her editor, Mr. Waynewright (WILLIAM FICHTNER), that her job is not guaranteed. Things look up, however, when her mechanic boyfriend, John (OMAR EPPS), gets her a vintage muscle car for her birthday and surprises her with a romantic getaway to a remote house where he plans on proposing to her. His sports agent friend, Darren (LAZ ALONSO), arranged that getaway, and plans on dropping by later with his girlfriend, Malia (ROSELYN SANCHEZ), so that they can celebrate together.
The weekend gets off to a rocky start, however, when Brea encounters a woman in a gas station restroom, Cara (DAWN OLIVIERI), who appears to be in trouble and secretly sneaks a satellite phone into Brea's bag. After a tense encounter there with some rough-looking bikers that gets stopped in its tracks by Deputy Sally Marnes (MISSI PYLE), Brea and John are on their way. But after Darren and Malia show up, they discover sex trafficking photos on the phone Cara hid in Brea's bag, followed by Cara showing up and wanting that phone back upon orders from the trafficking ringleader, Red (LUKE GOSS). From that point on, the couple does what they can to survive the increasingly tense and dangerous situation.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Those into R-rated suspense/thriller sort of films featuring people in danger might be drawn to it, as might those who are fans of anyone in the cast.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For violent and disturbing material, language throughout, some drug use and sexual content.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.