(2018) (Alicia Vikander, Dominic West) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action: A young woman hopes to find her long-missing father and must contend with a villain who's on the verge of potentially releasing something cataclysmic from a long-buried tomb.
- Lara Croft (ALICIA VIKANDER) is a young woman working as a bike courier in London. She doesn't need to live that way, what with being the sole heir to the company, country estate and other riches created by her tycoon father, Lord Richard Croft (DOMINIC WEST). He's been missing for the past seven years, and while Lara's guardian, Ana Miller (KRISTIN SCOTT THOMAS), wants her to sign her inheritance papers, Lara refuses, believing her father may still be alive.
She gets a number of clues about his last known whereabouts when she uncovers her father's secret work in relation to the rumored but never discovered tomb of an ancient Japanese queen, and that he chartered a ship out of Hong Kong to take him to an uninhabited island in hopes of finding that.
Lara travels there, and while she doesn't find that man, she finds his son, Lu Ren (DANIEL WU), who reluctantly agrees -- for pay -- to follow in their footsteps into treacherous seas. They end up shipwrecked and now prisoner to Mathias Vogel (WALTON GOGGINS) who knew both of their fathers and has many prisoners working as slave labor for him in trying to find the same tomb Richard was after.
From that point on, and after unintentionally leading the villain to the exact spot he was looking for, Lara does what she can to free herself, rescue her father, and stop Vogel before he releases something potentially cataclysmic.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're fans of the Lara Croft: Tomb Raider universe, or of anyone in the cast they might show some interest.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For sequences of violence and action, and for some language.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.