(2018) (Alden Ehrenreich, Emilia Clarke) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Sci-Fi: A young thief ends up on an intergalactic journey as he attempts to score enough money to buy a ship and return to and get his girlfriend off their home planet.
- A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, Han Solo (ALDEN EHRENREICH) is a young thief who lives on the planet Corellia where he, along with others like him, pulls off crime jobs for a huge worm creature, Lady Proxima (voice of LINDA HUNT). But having recently stolen a speeder and a valuable fuel source known as coaxium, he thinks he and Qi'ra (EMILIA CLARKE), a fellow thief and his girlfriend, will be able to bribe their way off the planet and travel somewhere far away across the galaxy.
Things don't go as planned, however, and when Qi'ra is captured while he gets away, he joins the Empire in hopes of becoming a pilot so that one day he can return to Corellia and save Qi'ra. Three years later, however, he's just a grunt engaged in trench warfare on some distant planet. He sees his chance to escape when he realizes that one of the captains there, Tobias Beckett (WOODY HARRELSON), is really an imposter with a small crew of bandits. When he blows the whistle on him in hopes of blackmailing Beckett into allowing him to tag along and get off the planet, he's outranked and thrown into a pit where he's to be the victim of a feared monster who turns out to be none other than the Wookie Chewbacca (JOONAS SUOTAMO).
They manage to escape together and convince Beckett to allow them to leave the planet along with Beckett's crew that consists of Beckett's lady, Val (THANDIE NEWTON), as well as their four-armed pilot, Rio (JON FAVREAU). Han's plan is to help with one heist, make enough money to buy a ship, and get back to his home planet to rescue Qi'ra. But things go amiss when a group of marauding space pirates led by Enfys Nest attack in hopes of securing the same valuable booty that's ultimately lost in the melee. All of which means Beckett now owes a lot of money to powerful crime boss Dryden Vos (PAUL BETTANY) whose right-hand lieutenant is now none other than Qi'ra.
She's ordered to accompany Han, Beckett, and Chewbacca as they attempt to pull off another but more dangerous heist where they're going to need a fast ship to make that happen. Enter Lando Calrissian (DONALD GLOVER) and his droid partner L3-37 (voice of PHOEBE WALLER-BRIDGE) who just so happen to have such a vessel, the Millennium Falcon. From that point on, the rag-tag group of thieves must contend with the various perils of their mission, another run-in with Enfys Nest, and the uneasy prospect of what will happen to all of them should they fail.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're into anything related to "Star Wars" that's a definite yes.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For sequences of sci-fi action/violence.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.