(2018) (Joey King, Julia Goldani Telles) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Horror: Four teenage girls summon an evil demon who stalks them, twists their minds, and drives them to take desperate measures to try and defeat him.
- Four high school girls decide to get-together on a Friday night, turn down the lights, and seek out the urban legend the Slender Man (JAVIER BOTET) on the Internet. They've heard that if they watch his video and follow the evil apparition's rules, he will appear to them in all his faceless, spindly-armed glory. At first, they just laugh off the rapid-cut video of weird images and flashing lights. But a vague feeling of dread persists in each.
The four girls include track star Hallie (JULIA GOLDANI TELLES), the most level-headed of the group; Wren (JOEY KING), the most impulsive of the four who pushes for them to watch the video; Chloe (JAZ SINCLAIR), a kind-hearted girl who lost her dad years earlier while he served in the U.S. Army; and Katie (ANNALISE BASSO), the most impressionable of the friends who the Slender Man targets first.
Eventually, all four have run-ins with the demonic force that has "bioelectric" abilities and can scramble cell phones, knock out power, and go on Facetime. He can also appear in dreams and daydreams and warp each girl's reality. Pulled into the terror are Hallie's younger sister, Lizzie (TAYLOR RICHARDSON), and Hallie's new boyfriend, Tom (ALEX FITZALAN). Hallie and Wren eventually surmise they will have to make grave sacrifices if they have any hope of warding off the Slender Man.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Teens may be attracted to its horror-action, PG-13 rating, and appealing cast.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For disturbing images, sequences of terror, thematic elements, and language including some crude sexual references.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2019 Screen It, Inc.