(2018) (Dwayne Johnson, Neve Campbell) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action: A military veteran turned security consultant -- who has a lower leg prosthesis due to a botched hostage situation back when he was an FBI agent -- tries to save his family from criminals who've set the world's tallest skyscraper on fire in hopes of getting to its billionaire owner.
- In the past, war veteran Will Sawyer (DWAYNE JOHNSON) was a successful FBI hostage negotiator. But then an incident went sideways, he lost his hostages, some members of his team, and his left leg below the knee. But a few good things came out of that, mainly in the form of Sarah (NEVE CAMPBELL), the naval surgeon who saved his life and then became his wife, and their twin 8-year-old children, Georgia (McKENNA ROBERTS) and Henry (NOAH COTTRELL).
Fitted with a prosthesis, Will has since given up field work and makes a living as a corporate security consultant. And with the help of his former colleague, Ben (PABLO SCHREIBER), he's landed a huge fish in the form of software tycoon Zhao Long Ji (CHIN HAN). He's built the world's tallest and most advanced skyscraper, The Pearl, along the banks of a river in Hong Kong, and needs a security assessment in order to get the 225 story building insured.
Will travels there with his family and meets Zhao; his personal-security detail chief, Ajani Okeke (ADRIAN HOLMES); as well as Ben who works as The Pearl's head of security; and insurance adjustor Mr. Pierce (NOAH TAYLOR) who all wait for Will's blessing after he takes a look at the skyscraper's various redundant safety systems, including an off-site facility.
What he's not anticipating, however, is mercenary Kores Botha (ROLAND MOLLER) who arrives with a group of criminals -- including assassin Xia (HANNAH QUINLIVAN) -- and sets fire to the building's 96th floor, all in hopes of getting access to Zhao who has potentially damaging information about Botha. When Will ends up accidentally killing one of the bad guys off-site, he ends up wanted by Inspector Wu (BYRON MANN) and the rest of the Hong Kong police. But he knows he must get back inside the now locked-down and on-fire building in order to save his family from both the criminals and the fire.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're fans of The Rock (Dwayne Johnson), anyone else in the cast or over the top action movies they probably will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For sequences of gun violence and action, and for brief strong language.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.