(2018) (Bella Thorne, Patrick Schwarzenegger) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: A teen with a life-threatening sensitivity to sunlight starts dating her long-time crush, but keeps her condition secret from him.
- For most of her life, teenager Katie Price (BELLA THORNE) has stayed inside her house where she lives with her long-widowed dad, Jack (ROB RIGGLE). It's not that she's shy, but rather she has a rare condition where any direct contact to light can lead to immediate skin cancer, brain failure, and death. While she has a close friend in Morgan (QUINN SHEPHARD) who always comes over to her house, she has a secret crush on her neighbor, Charlie Reed (PATRICK SCHWARZENEGGER), who's passed beneath her bedroom window for years without even knowing she lives there.
She does get out at night, however, and enjoys playing guitar at the local train station and that's where Charlie first catches a glimpse of her. She's embarrassed and rushes off, but eventually agrees to meet and eventually date the fellow high school graduate whose college swim team scholarship disappeared when he injured his shoulder. As the two become ever more of a romantic item, Katie keeps her condition secret from him, what with desiring to be as normal a dating teenage girl as possible.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older tweens and teens might be drawn to the teen romance story, especially if they're fans of anyone in the cast.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For some teen partying and sensuality.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.