(2018) (Lin Shaye, Leigh Whannell) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Horror: A demonologist must contend with supernatural and familial demons from her past as she returns to her childhood home for the first time in decades.
- Elise Rainer (LIN SHAYE) is a woman with a gift (or curse) of being able to encounter ghost, demons and such. And that started when she was a young girl growing up in Five Keys, New Mexico with her younger brother, supportive mother, Audrey (TESSA FERRER), and abusive prison guard father, Gerald (JOSH STEWART), who tried to beat that ability out of her. It didn't work and, at the age of sixteen, she ran away for good, although she's used her gift ever since to help those bothered and burdened by paranormal entities.
Even so, she's taken aback when she receives a call from Ted Garza (KIRK ACEVEDO) who's moved into her childhood home and is being spooked by something inside. Knowing that she unleashed a demon there long ago that took the life of her mother, Elise initially plans to go there alone. But her intrepid duo of paranormal investigators, Specs (LEIGH WHANNELL) and Tucker (ANGUS SAMPSON), decide to tag along. Once back inside her former house, they encounter spooky things, and later Elise's now grown-up younger brother, Christian (BRUCE DAVISON), and his two young adult daughters, Imogen (CAITLIN GERARD) and Melissa (SPENCER LOCKE), in town.
Setting out to vanquish the various demons -- supernatural and familial -- from her past, Elise and her companions must contend with some surprising discoveries along the way.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- They probably will if they're fans of the "Insidious" franchise or low-budget horror films in general.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For disturbing thematic content, violence and terror, and brief strong language.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.