(2018) (Amy Schumer, Michelle Williams) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy: After a bump to the head leads her to believe she looks like a supermodel, a thirty-something woman with low self-esteem and body image issues suddenly exudes unstoppable self-confidence.
- Renee Barrett (AMY SCHUMER) is a thirty-something woman with two close friends in Vivian (AIDY BRYANT) and Jane (BUSY PHILIPPS) and works with Mason (ADRIAN MARTINEZ) in the less than glamorous and hidden away online division for the well-known and high-end cosmetics company Lily LeClaire. Renee would love to work in the corporate headquarters as the company's receptionist, but suffers from low self-esteem and body image issues, so much so that she longs for the perks that come along with being uber-attractive and model thin like Mallory (EMILY RATAJKOWSKI), a young woman she barely knows.
She gets that wish -- at least in her mind -- when a blow to the head from a fall during a spinning class results in her believing she suddenly looks like a supermodel despite nothing having changed. Now brimming with self-confidence, she draws the attention of both CEO Avery LeClaire (MICHELLE WILLIAMS) and her brother, Grant (TOM HOPPER), who run the company started by their mother, Lily LeClaire (LAUREN HUTTON), decades ago.
And Renee's self-confidence extends beyond the company as a chance encounter with average guy Ethan (RORY SCOVEL) in a Laundromat results in a romantic relationship between the two. But her personal and professional success comes at the risk of alienating her two best friends and the chance that her bump-to-the-head delusion could end without notice.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're fans of Amy Schumer or anyone else in the cast they might be drawn to this.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For sexual content, some partial nudity, and language.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.