(2018) (Jodie Foster, Sterling K. Brown) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action/Drama: An alcoholic, agoraphobic nurse of the near future tries to keep the peace and save the lives of various wounded people who arrive at her members only hotel for criminals.
- It's 2028 and Jean Thomas, a.k.a. the Nurse (JODIE FOSTER), runs a members-only hotel/hospital for criminals in downtown Los Angeles. With riots breaking out following the private company that owns the city's water having turned off the taps, things are hopping at the Hotel Artemis where the hulking Everest (DAVE BAUTISTA) serves as Nurse's orderly, bodyguard and enforcer of the establishment's many rules.
Among those there is bank robber Waikiki (STERLING K. BROWN) who's arrived with his badly wounded addict brother, Honolulu (BRIAN TYREE HENRY). Contract killer Nice (SOFIA BOUTELLA) is also there and must contend with unwelcome advances from unsavory arms dealer Acapulco (CHARLIE DAY). And with Nurse having bent her own rules by bringing in her former neighbor, Morgan (JENNY SLATE), who's now a cop, things have become even tenser.
And that's because the crime boss who runs the city, Niagara, a.k.a. the Wolf King (JEFF GOLDBLUM), is arriving soon with his abrasive adult son, Crosby (ZACHARY QUINTO), and the rest of his armed goons. With all of them having their own agendas and her still affected by the death of her son years ago, Nurse tries to keep the peace and save the lives of her various patients.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Teens might, especially if they're into hard-hitting, R-rated action movies, or if they're fans of anyone in the cast.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For violence and language throughout, some sexual references, and brief drug use.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.