(2018) (Toni Collette, Gabriel Byrne) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Horror: A family must contend with several deaths that may have involved or have now brought supernatural activity into their home.
- The grandmother matriarch of the Graham family has recently died and those surviving her -- daughter Annie (TONI COLLETTE), her husband, Steve (GABRIEL BYRNE), their high school aged son, Peter (ALEX WOLFF), and his 13-year-old sister, Charlie (MILLY SHAPIRO) -- are all reacting in different ways. Most affected is Charlie who has an odd and somewhat creepy demeanor about her, but Annie doesn't feel much loss, what with having been estranged from her mom for a long time before she moved in with the family, developed dementia and then passed away.
Even so, Annie is somewhat unsettled when she believes she sees an image of her mom in the house and ends up going to a grief support group where she unloads her troubled family history but also meets Joan (ANN DOWD) who says her son and grandson drowned in the past few months.
The two women become friends and when a tragedy strikes Annie's family, Joan thinks she might have the solution. After witnessing a sťance, Annie decides to perform the same, but her actions leave Peter shaken and Steve questioning her sanity. As supernatural events start increasing in frequency and intensity, the family starts to come apart.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're into horror films they probably will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For horror violence, disturbing images, language, drug use and brief graphic nudity.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.