(2018) (Alex Roe, Jessica Rothe) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: A famous country music star returns to his hometown and his former fiancée who he jilted on their wedding day eight years ago.
- Liam Page (ALEX ROE) is one of the biggest stars in country music, thanks not only to his talent, but also the hard work of his manager, Sam (PETER CAMBOR), publicist Doris (GILLIAM VIGMAN), and many others. But he's not happy with his life and has been suffering from a creative block of recent. When he hears that one of his high school friends was recently killed by a drunk driver, he returns to his hometown of St. Augustine, Louisiana, a place he hasn't been in eight years since suddenly leaving there to ride his rocket to success and fame.
He left behind not only various friends, but also his father, Brian (JOHN BENJAMIN HICKEY), the local pastor, and Josie (JESSICA ROTHE), his high school sweetheart to whom he was supposed to get hitched. The fact that he abruptly left her at the altar on their wedding day didn't sit well with her or anyone in St. Augustine, and thus he isn't exactly welcomed with open arms upon his return, particularly by Josie and her protective brother, Jake (STEPHEN T. RIGGS).
Unbeknownst to Liam -- since he left town and has had no contact since departing -- Josie has a precocious 7-year-old daughter, Billy (ABBY RYDER FORTSON), who turns out to be his child. Upon learning that, he sets out to be part of her and Josie's lives, something that obviously leaves the young woman conflicted about how to proceed.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Those who are fans of country music and/or anyone in the cast might show some interest.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For thematic elements including drinking, and for language.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.