(2018) (John Cena, Leslie Mann) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy: Three parents try to stop their daughters from losing their virginities on Prom Night.
- Julie (KATHRYN NEWTON), Kayla (GERALDINE VISWANATHAN), and Sam (GIDEON ADLON) have been best friends since kindergarten, and now it's their Prom Night. On that special evening, the trio makes a pact to lose their virginities to their prom dates. Julie has been dating the nice, good-looking Austin (GRAHAM PHILLIPS) for six months and feels it's time. Kayla just wants to cut loose with Connor (MILES ROBBINS), the school's free-spirited drug dealer. Sam, meanwhile, wants to just "get it over with" and decides to sleep with her date, nerdy Chad (JIMMY BELLINGER), even though she is a closet lesbian who has yet to come out to any family or friends and is in love with out-and-proud classmate Angelica (RAMONA YOUNG).
But when Julie's mother, Lisa (LESLIE MANN), gets wind of the girls' Prom Night agreement, she springs into action. She recruits Kayla's muscle-head, but extremely emotional dad, Mitchell (JOHN CENA), to track them throughout the night and try and stop the big moments from happening. Along for the ride is Hunter (IKE BARINHOLTZ), Sam's estranged dad who divorced her mother years earlier after cheating on her. He's blown back into town having paid for a limo and initially has no problem with his daughter being part of the pact … because he's the only one who suspects nothing will happen on account of her sexuality. He tries to stop Lisa and Mitchell, and the result definitely has comic effects.
Throughout the night, the three adults and teens come in contact with a host of quirky personalities. They range from a very determined limo driver named Rudy (COLTON DUNN) to Austin's sexually adventurous parents (GARY COLE and GINA GERSHON).
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Teens may be attracted to the raunchy R rating and half the main cast being high-school age.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For crude and sexual content, language throughout, drug content, teen partying, and some graphic nudity.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.