(2018) (Taraji P. Henson, Lyriq Bent) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: As a woman's marriage falls apart, her anger issues mount, leading to unpredictable, sociopathic behavior.
- While meeting with a court-ordered therapist about her anger issues, an openly defiant Melinda (TARAJI P. HENSON) recounts her history with her ex-husband, Robert (LYRIQ BENT), and all that he did to wrong her over the years. The story then rewinds to college when Melinda (AJONA ALEXUS) and Robert (ANTONIO MADISON) meet, and after an initially tenuous start, they soon become an item, much to the chagrin of her sisters, Brenda (BRESHA WEBB) and June (RACQUEL BIANCA JOHN), who believe he's only after Melinda's inheritance from their late mother.
While that's not true, his desire to try to bring a rechargeable battery to market does end up eating into their savings, and the sisters believe their predictions are true after Melinda catches Robert having a fling with another student, Diana (SHAVON KIRKSEY). But he asks for forgiveness, Melinda grants it, and they end up married.
Nearly two decades pass and the love between them evaporates along with all of their money, with Brenda (PTOSHA STOREY) and June (JAZMYN SIMON) still sure Melinda made a mistake. That comes to a head when one of them finds a wallet belonging to Diana (CRYSTLE STEWART) in Robert's work truck, thus making Melinda think he's cheating on her again with the same woman.
In reality, she now works at the company where he's been pitching his product for nearly twenty years, and she's trying to help him make his dreams a reality. But Melinda doesn't buy any of that and her anger overwhelms her, both then and after their divorce when Robert finally makes it big and Diana ends up living the life with him that Melinda believes should rightfully be hers.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Some older teens might show some interest if they're fans of anyone in the cast.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For language, sexual content and some violence.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.