(2018) (Storm Reid, Deric McCabe) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Fantasy/Sci-Fi: With the help of a trio of celestial beings, a middle-school student and her younger brother travel across the universe in search of their father who mysteriously disappeared four years ago.
- Meg Murry (STORM REID) was once a happy and outgoing girl, no doubt due to being brought up by loving parents, Alex (CHRIS PINE) and Kate (GUGU MBATHA-RAW), who just so happened to be renowned physicists. But then Alex mysteriously disappeared and hasn't been seen or heard from since, leaving Kate to raise Meg and her now 6-year-old adopted brother, Charles Wallace (DERIC McCABE), by herself. Due to her father vanishing as well as being bullied by other girls at school, Meg is now a sullen middle-school student who doesn't care about her studies or much of anything else, including the attention paid to her by one of her classmates, Calvin (LEVI MILLER).
Things change, however, when the brilliant and precocious Charles Wallace introduces his sister to three celestial beings -- Mrs. Whatsit (REESE WITHERSPOON), Mrs. Who (MINDY KALING), and Mrs. Which (OPRAH WINFREY) -- who claim Alex was transported via a wrinkle in time known as tessering and is now lost somewhere across the universe. All of them along with Calvin then set out to find him by making a similar tessering trip where they hope to get help from the likes of a seer known as the Happy Medium (ZACH GALIFIANAKIS), but must also contend with a darkness known as "It" that's spreading across the universe and is briefly personified by the menacing Red (MICHAEL PENA).
From that point on, Meg must overcome her negative emotions if she hopes she'll be able to find her missing father and return him to their home.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Since it features various-aged kids as the main characters, it's a good bet that will draw in some kid viewers.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For thematic elements and some peril.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.