(2017) (Woody Harrelson, Laura Dern) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy: A misanthrope tries to reunite with his ex-wife and learns that they have a 17-year-old daughter.
- Wilson (WOODY HARRELSON) is something of a misanthrope who dislikes technology and has few friends. When he learns that his father is dying from cancer, he leaves his beloved pooch with his pet sitter, Shelly (JUDY GREER), to visit his dad. Upon that man's passing, he decides he'd like to get back together with his ex-wife who left him seventeen years ago to have an abortion, followed by a life of drug use and prostitution.
When he finally finds Pippi (LAURA DERN), he discovers that she didn't have the abortion, but instead had the baby that she then gave up for adoption. Wilson then decides the two should find their daughter and do so in the form of 17-year-old Claire (ISABELLA AMARA) who isn't happy in her life, what with being bullied for being a plus-sized teen and having rich parents who she doesn't believe are that involved in her life. From that point on, Wilson tries to form a new family of sorts with his ex and their daughter.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Some older teens might be if they're fans of anyone in the cast.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For language throughout and some sexuality.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2017 Screen It, Inc.