(2017) (Rosario Dawson, Katherine Heigl) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Thriller: A vindictive woman targets her ex-husband's new bride-to-be.
- Julia (ROSARIO DAWSON) believes she finally has a shot at real happiness. After spending years married to an abusive man named Michael (SIMON KASSIANIDES), she has become engaged to David (GEOFF STULTS), a handsome and successful brewer. She quits her editorial job in San Francisco and moves in with David in a small, Southern California town.
Unfortunately, David's ex-wife, Tessa (KATHERINE HEIGL), lives in that same town, and she and David have joint custody of their elementary-school-age daughter, Lily (ISABELLA KAI RICE). Julia and David have yet to tell them that they are engaged, preferring to ease all concerned into a "new normal" where they will all have to peacefully coexist. But Tessa finds out anyway and plots a dangerous course of revenge that entails her setting up a fake Facebook account as Julia, "friending" her ex-husband, posing as Julia, and teasing the man that she still wants him physically. She also breaks into Julia and David's house and steals such things as her engagement ring, an inscribed watch Julia gave David as a gift, and a pair of Julia's panties.
Julia starts to feel the walls close in on her, especially as anonymous phone calls to her cell phone and house phone multiply. She has nightmares about Michael returning. David starts to suspect that she's becoming unhinged. Meanwhile, Tessa's perfectionist mother (CHERYL LADD) visits Tessa and goads her into taking further action to protect "what's her name" (i.e. Lily). Little does she know that Tessa has already put a chain of events into motion that will ultimately lead to murder.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens may have some interest due to its R-rated thriller elements of if they're fans of anyone in the cast.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For sexual content, violence, some language, and brief partial nudity.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.