(2017) (Michael Fassbender, Rebecca Ferguson) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Thriller: A detective tries to solve a missing persons case that might be tied to similar events from years ago.
- Harry Hole (MICHAEL FASSBENDER) is a troubled detective in Oslo who's still close with his ex-girlfriend, Rakel (CHARLOTTE GAINSBOURG), and her teenage son, Oleg (MICHAEL YATES), even after she's now involved with another man, plastic surgeon Mathias (JONAS KARLSSON). Harry gets a new partner in the form of Katrine Bratt (REBECCA FERGUSON) and goes along with her on a missing persons case that turns out to be just one of several, all noted by the presence of recently built snowmen. Even more troubling is an ominous note that Harry has received that indicates an anonymous serial killer is watching him, something that also happened to another detective there in the past, Rafto (VAL KILMER), who ended up dead.
Looking for connective clues, Harry discovers that some of the missing women had appointments with Dr. Vetlesen (DAVID DENCIK), an OBGYN who performs abortions and appears suspicious to both detectives. But Katrine has her focus set on philanthropist Arve Stop (J.K. SIMMONS) who's appeared in photos with the likes of Vetlesen and others, and appears to have a salacious appetite for younger women. With people ending up dead and dismembered, Harry tries to figure out who the killer is and stop them before they strike again.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Unless they're fans of someone in the cast, it doesn't seem too likely.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For grisly images, violence, some language, sexuality and brief nudity.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.