(2017) (voices of Will Arnett, Katherine Heigl) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Animated Comedy: A number of animals try to thwart a mayor's greedy plan to turn their city park into an amusement park.
- Things are looking good for the animals of Liberty Park, what with squirrel Surly (voice of WILL ARNETT) having acquired access to the basement reserves of a nut shop, thus ensuring plentiful food for one and all. While the likes of Surly's best friend, Buddy the silent rat (noises by TOM KENNY), pug Precious (voice of MAYA RUDOLPH), groundhogs Jimmy (GABRIEL IGLESIAS) and Johnny (JOE PINGUE), Mole (voice of JEFF DUNHAM) and various others enjoy the plentiful spoils of Surly's work, his squirrel counterpart, Andie (voice of KATHERINE HEIGL), isn't as pleased.
She thinks it's both unnatural and a bad idea to rely on that as their food source, and her concerns end up justified when the nut shop ends up destroyed by an accidental explosion. Now the group's leader, Surly is certain more food will be easy to find, but quickly learns that's not the case.
To make matters worse, the city's greedy and corrupt Mayor (voice of BOBBY MOYNIHAN) wants to turn Liberty Park into an amusement park, all to line his own pockets, and his young and bratty daughter, Heather (voice of ISABELA MONER), dog-naps Precious to join her pet pooch, Frankie (voice of BOBBY CANNAVALE).
From that point on, Surly and company try to thwart the mayor's plans and construction efforts, but must not only contend with an animal control worker, Gunther (voice of PETER STORMARE), who's been sent to take care of the animal problem, but also a cute yet formidable mouse, Mr. Feng (JACKIE CHAN), who's moved from the countryside into the city with his army of martial arts trained mice and doesn't like any sort of interlopers coming his way.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're fans of the first film or animated movies featuring talking animals as the main characters they probably will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For action and some rude humor.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2019 Screen It, Inc.