(2017) (Kate Winslet, Idris Elba) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: Two strangers end up stranded in the snowy wilderness after their small plane crashes there and try to figure out how to survive.
- Photojournalist Alex Martin (KATE WINSLET) and neurosurgeon Ben Bass (IDRIS ELBA) are complete strangers, but when their flight from Idaho to Denver is canceled, they end up in a small plane piloted by Alex's friend, Walter (BEAU BRIDGES). Alex needs to get home in order to marry her boyfriend, Mark (DERMOT MULRONEY), while Ben needs to get back to Baltimore in order to perform surgery on a patient in need. But they don't even make it to Denver as Walter suffers a stroke during their flight and the three end up crashing high atop a snow-covered mountain with no sight of civilization in any direction.
Alex and Ben survive, as does Walter's dog, but the pilot perishes, thus leaving it up to the strangers to figure out how to survive. Despite having an injured leg, Alex wants to head out to try to find help, while Ben thinks that would be certain suicide, especially considering the waist-deep snow, bitter cold, and lack of proper winter hiking gear. He prefers that they stay in what's left of the wreckage, what with it at least providing a little bit of shelter from the elements.
Nonetheless, he reluctantly joins her after she heads off on her own. From that point on, they must contend with various perils along the way as they search for hope, all while experiencing mixed emotions toward each other.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Unless they're fans of Winslet, Elba or romance in the face of dire circumstances types of stories, it doesn't seem that likely.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For a scene of sexuality, peril, injury images, and brief strong language.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.