(2017) (voices of Dave Franco, Justin Theroux) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Animated Action: An egotistical warlord repeatedly attacks Ninjago City, aiming to take it over and impose his rule, but is opposed at all turns by his good-hearted ninja son who he abandoned years earlier.
- The evil warlord Garmadon (voice of JUSTIN THEROUX) has spent the better part of his adult life periodically attacking Ninjago City and trying to take it over. But he has been thwarted at each and every turn by the good-hearted Green Ninja (voice of DAVE FRANCO) and his team of fellow ninjas. On the team are high-school classmates Kai (voice of MICHAEL PENA), a.k.a. the Fire Ninja; Nya (voice of ABBI JACOBSON), a.k.a. the Water Ninja; Zane (voice of ZACH WOODS), the Ice Ninja; Jay (voice of KUMAIL NANJIANI), the Lightning Ninja; and Cole (voice of FRED ARMISEN), a.k.a. the Earth Ninja.
Little does Garmadon know that the Green Ninja is actually Lloyd, the son he abandoned as a baby because he couldn't handle the responsibilities of fatherhood and only wanted to conquer and dominate the masses. Lloyd has always known the truth, though. In fact, practically all of Ninjago City has known that Garmadon is Lloyd's father and has blamed him for his near-constant marauding over the years. But Lloyd has kept his ninja exploits from everyone except his fellow ninjas ... even his kind-hearted mother (voice of OLIVIA MUNN).
When Garmadon attacks again and finally takes over Ninjago City, Lloyd's mentor, Master Wu (voice of JACKIE CHAN), sends the ninjas on a quest for an ultimate weapon that can defeat Garmadon and the enormous cat monster that Lloyd inadvertently unleashed on the city. But Master Wu's real objective is to teach Lloyd to step up and finally be the leader of the team ... even as he and Garmadon grow closer as father and son.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Those who love LEGO toys or who grew up with them or have enjoyed the other LEGO movies will be attracted to this one.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For some mild action and rude humor.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.