(2017) (voices of Will Arnett, Rosario Dawson) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Animated Action/Comedy: In a world where characters and everything else are made of LEGOs, Batman must contend not only with his own commitment issues, but also a new police commissioner who wants to rely less on him in dealing with Gotham's various villains, including the Joker.
- In the city of Gotham, there doesn't seem to be anyone happier than Batman (voice of WILL ARNETT). And that's because the superhero loves his job of routinely dispatching the city's various villains, such as The Joker (voice of ZACH GALIFIANAKIS). Deep down, however, Batman, a.k.a. ultra rich Bruce Wayne, has commitment issues in every aspect of his life, something not lost on his longtime and faithful butler, Alfred (voice of RALPH FIENNES), who realizes this stems from Bruce being orphaned at a young age following the murder of his parents.
Not only does he not have a significant other in his personal life, but he also prefers to work alone and won't even give the Joker the satisfaction of thinking there's an adversarial relationship between them with the villain being Batman's number one enemy. Things change, however, when Commissioner Gordon resigns and is replaced by his adult daughter, Barbara Gordon (voice of ROSARIO DAWSON). Bruce is so blindsided by her beauty that, in a moment of being distracted, he agrees to adopt orphan Dick Grayson (voice of MICHAEL CERA), but isn't happy to hear that she wants their police operations to rely less on the Caped Crusader and more on her new plan to fight crime.
When the Joker surrenders too easily, Batman realizes something is amiss and has Dick -- now in the guise of being his over-eager sidekick, Robin -- steal a device from Superman (voice of CHANNING TATUM) that will project the Joker into an interdimensional prison known as the Phantom Zone. Little does Batman realize, however, that such a move is exactly what the Joker wanted.
And it's not long before he and Gotham's regular villains such as Bane (voice of DOUG BENSON) and Harley Quinn (voice of JENNY SLATE) are joined by an array of famous villains now free from the Phantom Zone, including the likes of King Kong, Sauron (voice of JEMAINE CLEMENT) and Voldemort (voice of EDDIE IZZARD) among many others. From that point on, Batman must allow others to help him battle those villains and save Gotham from ruin.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they liked "The LEGO Movie" or are fans of anything related to Batman they probably will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For rude humor and some action.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.