(2017) (Vin Diesel, Dwayne Johnson) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action: A team of criminal thrill junkies must contend with one of their own turning against them and siding with a resourceful and ruthless villain who's intent on getting her hands on nuclear weapons.
- Dom Toretto (VIN DIESEL) and his wife Letty Ortiz (MICHELLE RODRIGUEZ) are enjoying their honeymoon in Havana, although he isn't above engaging in some street racing to help out a relative. Things get more serious, however, when criminal mastermind and cyber-terrorist Cipher (CHARLIZE THERON) blackmails him into joining her team and turning against Letty and the rest of their crew. That comes to a head when DSS agent Luke Hobbs (DWAYNE JOHNSON) is assigned to steal an electromagnetic pulse weapon and he asks Dom and his crew -- that also consists of mechanic Tej Parker (LUDACRIS), thrill seeker, Roman Pearce (TYRESE GIBSON) and computer hacker Ramsey (NATHALIE EMMANUEL) -- for help.
They pull off the heist, but Dom then steals the weapon and joins Cipher and her right-hand thug, Rhodes (KRISTOFER HIVJU), in the air, while Hobbs ends up caught and sent to prison where he's put across the hallway from Deckard Shaw (JASON STATHAM), a rogue British special forces assassin the team previously defeated. After a prison break of sorts, black operative agent Mr. Nobody (KURT RUSSELL) and his new assistant, Eric Reisner (SCOTT EASTWOOD), spring the two and inform them and the rest of the team what they're up against. And that's Cipher's desire to get her hands on several nuclear weapons, with them unaware that she's blackmailing Dom into helping her by having his former love, Elena Neves (ELSA PATAKY), and their baby that he never knew about held hostage.
From that point on, and while Dom must contend with that and coming up with a plan of his own, his team does what it can to stop Cipher and hers.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're into the "Fast and the Furious" film franchise, they definitely will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For prolonged sequences of violence and destruction, suggestive content, and language.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2017 Screen It, Inc.