(2017) (Jake Gyllenhaal, Tatiana Maslany) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: Following a terrorist bombing that's left him a double amputee, a twenty-something man, along with his girlfriend and others, must contend with the physical, emotional and psychological aftermath of the incident, his subsequent recovery, and being deemed a hero by others.
- Jeff Bauman (JAKE GYLLENHAAL) is a 28-year-old man who still lives with his mom, Patty (MIRANDA RICHARDSON), in a tiny apartment located in Boston where he works at the local Costco. He's been in an on-again, off-again relationship with hospital staffer Erin Hurley (TATIANA MASLANY), and thinking they're back on again, he heads down to the finish line of the Boston Marathon to cheer her on as she completes the race.
But that never happens as two terrorist bombs go off there, killing three and wounding hundreds more, including Jeff. Considering the severe injuries to his legs, doctors amputate both just above the knee. His survival, prominent photo of the immediate aftermath of the bombing, and his ability to identify one of the bombers turns him into something of a local hero and celebrity.
It also endears him to Erin who decides to move into his small room in that small apartment. From that point on, they must contend with his rehabilitation, PTSD and his reluctance to be considered a hero.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Those interested in the true story or who are fans of anyone in the cast might want to.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For language throughout, some graphic injury images, and brief sexuality/nudity.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2019 Screen It, Inc.