(2017) (James McAvoy, Anya Taylor-Joy) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Suspense/Thriller: Three teenage girls must contend with a man -- who suffers from a multiple personality disorder -- kidnapping them.
- Kevin Wendell Crumb (JAMES McAVOY) is a young man who suffers from Dissociative Identity Disorder and has 23 distinct personalities as identified by his therapist, Dr. Karen Fletcher (BETTY BUCKLEY). They range from a nine-year-old, Hedwig, to fashion designer Barry, and those who seem to rule them and the rest, Dennis and Patricia.
Unbeknownst to Karen, one of Kevin's personalities has gone out and abducted three teenagers -- friends Claire (HALEY LU RICHARDSON) and Marcia (JESSICA SULA) and their school's outcast, Casey (ANYA TAYLOR-JOY) -- and locked them inside a windowless room. The girls are terrified, especially when they realize their abductor is mentally unstable as his various personalities come to visit them. Having dealt with trauma in her childhood at the hands of her uncle, John (BRAD WILLIAM HENKE), while camping with her father (SEBASTIAN ARCELUS), Casey seems best equipped to deal with the uncertain situation, and she tries to convince Hedwig to help them escape.
But the boy won't, especially since he knows that "The Beast" is on his way, something that Dennis discusses with Dr. Fletcher over their various unscheduled sessions. With Karen becoming increasingly concerned about changes in Kevin's behavior, the girls back in his hidden lair do what they can to try to escape before Kevin's ominous-sounding 24th personality arrives.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Those who are into psychological thrillers or might be a fan of anyone in the cast could be interested.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For disturbing thematic content and behavior, violence and some language.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.