(2017) (Ryan Gosling, Rooney Mara) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: Three people involved in the Austin music scene contend with being in a love triangle.
- BV (RYAN GOSLING) is a man whose life seems to be good. Not only is he making it as a songwriter in the Austin, Texas music scene, but he's also dating Faye (ROONEY MARA), a young woman likewise trying to give it a go in the world of music. Unbeknownst to BV, Faye is also dating Cook (MICHAEL FASSBENDER), a music promoter who just so happens to be BV's boss and mentor. Cook is aware of Faye sleeping with his protégé, but doesn't seem to mind, what with having a thing for two women and one man threesomes in his bed.
He eventually meets former teacher turned waitress Rhonda (NATALIE PORTMAN) and sweeps her off her feet, all while BV eventually learns of Faye's involvement with Cook. That leads to a break-up where he eventually dates Amanda (CATE BLANCHETT), while Faye begins a lesbian fling with Zoey (BERENICE MARLOHE), all as the concert and music scene in the city continues to play.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- There are plenty of big stars present, so that might draw those who are diehard fans, while the Austin music scene might draw others.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For some sexuality, nudity, drug use and language.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2017 Screen It, Inc.